Senior Experience Designer (Visual/UI/IxD) (archived)
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer (Visual/UI/IxD) to join our fast-growing international team in our new studio location in London, UK. Your role will be to conceive, design and communicate outstanding user experiences that will deliver inspiring digital products and services from across a variety of platforms from web & mobile, connected devices to equipping client organisations with the capability to move forward through applied Design techniques.
As a Senior Experience Designer at intive, you will take ownership of driving the craft and magic of any digital experience response for client problems, working as part of a cross-functional team with Product management, Software engineering and Business stakeholders in an agile manner.
With a Visual balance to your work, you will apply the layer of meticulous investigation and communication excellence needed, to craft beautifully functional detail to the experience architecture. Together with the design and development team you will shape the experience outcomes in-line with human needs, strategic vision and technology constraints that pave the success of your solution.
You will be part of fresh new team, developing the studio and culture from the ground-up with an opportunity to define its direction, and work on some emerging opportunities across Digital products + Services, Voice UI, Cognitive and Platform experiences to HMI design.
By nature, we are visionaries, inquisitive pattern-finders, obsessed craftspeople and positive enablers. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch - we’d love to work with you.
You are a good match if you:
• Have minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in Visual, Interaction Design and User Interface Design, especially in iterative in a Lean and Agile delivery environment.
• Have a proven track record of designing and shipping successful product experiences through balancing business, technology and end user objectives, with a nouse for high quality art direction.
• Outstanding attention to detail and craft with a solid portfolio to demonstrate. Delivers a well-rounded Design portfolio for web, mobile interfaces, smart devices and wearables across a breadth of business sectors with focus or background in Visual & Interaction Design, Creative UI, Brand language, Design Systems.
• Are detailed oriented and obsessive around the finer aspects of typography, motion and graphic design, photography, brand and design language.
• Are a natural problem-solver and systems-thinker who is able to communicate the reasons behind design decisions.
• Have the ability to explore and test a breadth of approaches in producing your work. Progressive learner of the latest tools and methods to sharpen and optimise workflows and output quality.
• Are experienced in working through end to end design processes and creative directing quality performance of output.
• Are a strong communicator both written and oral advanced English, and able to rationalise and articulate design decisions conceptually and strategically, persuasively. A strong skill in delivering visually beautiful communication.
• Are able to easily find your place in a cross-disciplinary teams as well as operate individually as a expert. Your comfortable forming rapport and can lead clients effectively.
• Can push creativity and challenge established thinking, always respecting other views and encouraging constructive feedback from both customers and colleagues.
• Show strong interest and have knowledge of latest design and technology trends and emerging methods/practices/innovations - from Media, Print, Advertising and emerging technology.
• Are proficient and skilled with leading digital design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Proto.io, Adobe CC, inVision, Principle, Zeplin, Framer etc.
• Have the ability to work precisely under pressure and within tight deadlines in a fast-paced and international environment.
• Able to zero-in on design detail and push work from good to awesome.
• Are an entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated and directed, but also a team player with a low-ego approach and professional presence.
You get extra points for:
• Experience of working on global brand projects
• Demonstrable expertise or depth in sector specialism in one or more of: Media & Communications, Consumer Services and Retail, Financial Services, Industrial, Hi-Tech, Automotive verticals.
• History of working in a digital agency studio environment
• Exposure to Creative and Design strategy skills.
• Outstanding skill in storytelling and visual communication.
• Participation in industry wide/ Design community thought leadership, writing and engagement with industry related topics and events.
• Have your own side-projects
• Can speak German, Polish or French
You will be responsible for:
• Storytelling mastery - Authoring and presenting high quality, impactful presentations for external and internal audiences.
• Supporting leadership with the development of visually impactful solutions and communications that advance the profile of Design at intive.
• Lead and generate detailed Visual/interaction and UI artefacts from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, through to experience maps, user flows and interface design.
• Shaping approaches to client engagements and solutions in response to briefs and opportunity development supporting the Leads as well as contributing individually.
• Communicating to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for user problems, needs, and mental models.
• Developing visual concepts, design patterns and systems in an iterative, agile context and accompanying the execution of all design stages from concept to final handover.
• Leading the execution of design guidelines and digital brand manuals, helping to ensure consistency across touch points and channels to improve clients’ user experiences on an international level
• Leading exploration of unique design visions and beautiful visual languages, and constructing their execution across a broad range of digital artifacts.
• Building prototypes to help validate and communicate designs with a high visual aesthetics.
• Developing an enviable portfolio for the studio with detailed examples of strong passion for creative UI design, effective art direction, graphic and visual design.
• Demonstrating design talent, a meticulous attention to detail, conceptual problem solving, creative strategy and systemic approach to look and feel of experiences.
• Deep rationalised approach to design decisions understanding graphic design, color, brand systems.
• Supporting design decisions by testing prototypes internally and leading usability validation sessions and real-life experiments with customers and client business stakeholders.
• Collaborating with various design disciplines and as part of a cross-functional agile product engineering team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency across products.
• Supporting the Lead XD in client workshops or design sprints with the help of design toolboxes and principles like Design Thinking, Lean UX etc.
• Guiding, mentoring and supporting junior team members through knowledge transfer and skills sharing.
• Consistently championing the voice of craft, quality and execution through tangible example and bringing their audiences with them.
What we offer:
• A career in an international and fast-growing company and innovative industry
• Challenging briefs for national and international leading customers
• A role with responsibilities and creative freedom at same time
• Being part of the journey of a fresh brand-new studio team in Central London and shaping outcomes with UK clients and briefs
• Individual training and education to improve your skills
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Income protection insurance
• Life private health insurance
• Contributory pension